Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuna Tartine

Well, if I could have niçoise olives, this tartine would be even better I reckon!
The tricky part of making this tartine was preparing the aïoli. I finely chopped the garlic, heated it in extra-virgin olive oil till the garlic just turned soft (make sure you don't burn the garlic). Poured it into a big bowl, added an egg yolk, mixed well. Then added canned tuna, finely chopped mint leaves, basil leaves, coriander leaves and spring onion, the juice of half of lemon. Mixed them very well.
When it came to the layering, make sure you put a thin layer of salad leaves in the bottom coz you don't want the bread to be soggy. Then I spreaded a good amount of tuna salad I prepared earlier, then sliced boiled eggs and cherry tomato.
If you don't want to get your hand dirty or too messy, put a piece of toast on the top, that's what I did. But I can assure you, it tastes better without the top! So get it in with your hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment