Monday, January 11, 2010

Food Feast: Venison Pie, Dory Fillet and the Best Dessert Ever!!!

Sorry, I got a little bit too excited when I typed down the title of this blog because the food was just purely amazing!
Thanks to the lovely Anne and Bill who kindly invited us over on Sunday for dinner and I finally got a good night sleep after struggeling with the hottest night ever in my life time on Saturday! The dinner was abosolutely awesome!
Anne made the best Venison Pie ever! Well, it's the first time I had Venison Pie actually if the small bite I had in Wine Blending on my 21st bday didn't count.

Bill bought me this Dory fillet in case I didn't eat deer. Man, the grilled Dory fillet was so yum!!!

The dessert was absolutely legendary! Anna made this melon dessert with watermelon, pinaapple, mint leaves, lime juice, lemom juice, lemon zest and a dash of rum (Please correct me if I am missing any ingredent here, Anne! xxx). There was just the right amount of sour and sweet flavour with a bit of an alchoholic kick! You will never forget it!

I picked up a bottle of Wirra Wirra 'Church Block Cabernet' Shiraz Merlot 2008 on my way to dinner which was noted as one of the 10 best-value Reds according to Money magazine. It's actually really good. Worth a try if you are a Red fan.
Alright, enjoy the hot summer! Stay cool! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment