Thursday, January 14, 2010

Niçoise Salad

Anne once said salad should always be simple. The simpler the better. I totally agree. Alright, here comes my niçoise salad.
Sliced tuna stake. Layered them on a big frying pan, covered with extra light oliver oil. Seasoned with finely chopped chilli and onion. Left them on medium heat for about 5 mins. Boiled eggs then cut them in quarters. I didn't have potato or green beans or black olives at home. I reckon this salad would be better with half boiled potatoes and steamed green beans and of course, olives. Cut cherry tomatoes in quarters. Mixed fried tuna steak and onion together with chilli oil, canned tuna, cherry tomatoes, eggs, Italian salad leaves ( you can get the package from Coles) and some chopped cucumbers. A bit grounded black pepper on the top. And of course, the juice of half lemon.
Who said a great meal has to be fancy? Simple is the best!

---- The words below has nothing to do with food, just some random thoughts I have at the moment, also requested by Angie for me showing more love to her ----

Had to catch bus home by myself tonight. The bus driver was a very cute Aussie boy. I noticed the girl sat behind the bus driver seat gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before she jumped off the bus and said "don't worry about me. I will be fine." He closed door after seeing her walking away from the bus stop.I figure they are lovers. It put a smile on my face seeing this. How sweet it was! I find true love is subtle but sweet. Kissing on the cheek. Holding hands. Smiling to each other. Whispering in the ears. Leaning on the shoulder... Those small things make love even sweeter than baklava (sorry, I got so addicted to baklava recently:P)!

No comments:

Post a Comment