Monday, February 1, 2010

Tea Eggs with Potato

I have to say this is probably the best egg dish I have ever made!
I got the recipe from my dad. He always made me this kind of egg when I was really little.
Boiled eggs and cracked shells a little bit after they are done. Then cooked eggs in the boiled water again with two tea black tea bags, soy sauce, sesame seeds and finely chopped coriander stem. After the egge were cooked for another fifteen minutes. Peeled the eggs. And used the sauce to cook potato. Added a little bit sesame oil.
This dish reminded me so much of my time with dad back in Shanghai. I cried when I had it again today. Sometimes, I just wish I could be more close to my family. Mom and Dad. I wish I could at least, sit down with both of them, have a lovely meal together. No more fighting. No more arguing. Let go off the past. Just three of us. Laughing and enjoying the meal. Alright, I guess this dream will never come true...

No comments:

Post a Comment