Monday, February 22, 2010

Baby Cake?!

Making cupcakse brought me so much happiness that it's way beyond my words. Just give this recipe a try. You can't disagree with me. :)
Preheated the oven to 180'C. Grabbed a big bowl. Well mixed 100g unsalted softerned butter, 130g caster sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract until light and creamy ( if you have electric beater. give it a shot. i don't have it. so i just used a folk and kept mixing for about 20 mins). Added 2 eggs, one at a time, beating well between additions. Folded through 200g self-raising flour and 125ml milk in two alternate batches until just combined unitil just combined. Gave a gernerous amout of coconut flakes (depends on how coconut-ish you want your cupcake to be). Gently folded through it.
Divided the mixture exvenly among the paper cases. Baked for about 20 mins, or until cake spings back when touched gently in the center. Removed from oven and transferred to a wire rack to cool completely before decorating.
The frosting wasn't quite healthy. But tasted good. Beated 125g unsalted softened butter unitl it was light and creamy. Added 1 1/3 cups of icing sugar a little at a time, beating constantly. Add 1/2 tbs milk and beated until the butter and sugar were well combined. Spreaded onto the cooled cupcakes. Garnish with a fair bit coconut flakes tossed on the top.
To be honest, I only had one cupcake of all the cupcakes I made. I reckon I must have made like 60 cupcakes. All brought to my workmates and Nick had quite a few as well. When I was told my cupcakes tasted really good, it made me feel even better than eating my own cupcake. The happiness of cooking/baking is seeing my food put a big smile on whomever had it.

No comments:

Post a Comment