Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Christchurch!

Yes, we just came back from a trip to Christchurch! And it was totally awesome!

We went away for our 1 year anniversary. Seeing neither of us had many leaves and we couldn’t really afford to go to Paris (I want to go) or Shanghai (Nick want to go, to see my dad). So we chose Christchurch. It’s such a beautiful city and everything was so cheap too!

We spent the first day wondering around in the city, had some local pub food and Mrs. Huggins cookies. They were so yummy! On the second day, we jumped on the bus and got to this really cool Japanese Spring called Maruia Spring. It’s about 3 hours bus ride from CBD and we saw the snow in the mountain! It was totally awesome! The Spring was cool too. They’ve got outdoor rock spa and indoor private spa. I loved the indoor private spa because there was beautiful mountain view literally outside of the spa while it’s all warm and cosy inside. I didn’t like the room too much. Mainly because there was no TV in the room. I got so bored at night. We had dinner in the Maruia Spring and it was a massive hot pot. Nick got so excited.

We caught the bus back to the city on the next day and spent another day walking around in the city. I was very impressed to see so many verities of cat foods in Pack & Save. And the housing price in Christchurch is shockingly low too! Funny enough, after we came back, we actually seriously looked into getting a job there but had no luck.

Our flight back was delayed for 6 hours, and we didn’t get the msg until we got the airport at 4am! It was a pain indeed! But I had a great time shopping in the duty free shop in the airport. The one in Christchurch airport is tiny compare to the one in Sydney. But I still managed to get all what I want. We can back with 4 bottles of rum and heaps of other stuff.

I could never think a better way to spend 1 yr anniversary. It was perfect. Thanks to my dear Nicky Bear! Love you forever!


No comments:

Post a Comment