Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pan Fry Breaded Chicken Breast with Butter Herb Dressing

Rich and Marcus came for dinner after the footy. Neither of them are big fans of seafood and I was inspired by the MasterChef I have been watching. So here it comes : my first pan fry breaded chicken breast.
Well, I reckon to make the perfect pan fry crumbed meat, it's important to follow the following five rules:
Rule No1. Always flat the piece of meat before crumbed it.
Rule No2. Make sure to brush the meat with just enough egg white before crumbing the meat. Then let it rest for about 5 mins.
Rule No3. Give the meat a bit gentle press making sure it's evenly crumbed both side.
Rule No4. Be generous but not too generous with the oil when pan fry the crumbed meat (watch the calorie and you don't want to burn the crumbed meat when there is not enough oil).
Rule No5. Don't overcook the meat. Pork usually takes longer than chicken. Evenly fry both sides.
Please do correct me if I am wrong here. These rules are purely just based on my experience. :)
For butter herb dressing, I got some fresh parsley, basil, garlic and a little bit mint, finely chopped them then fried in the melt butter till the garlic just started to turn into brown. Gently dressed it on top of the fried crumbed chicken breast, and serve with veggie and mash potato if you like.
Enjoy! :) xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment