Monday, March 8, 2010

Wonton


It was Victor who reminded me the existing of wonton and how good it could be. We went for lunch on Friday. He ordered a wonton salad which looks awfully strange. I was like" What the heck is that, Victor? ". He was like" It's wonton salad. " I was like" Duh?"
I came back home and asked Nick if he likes wonton. He was like" who doesn't like wonton? They are so good! "
So I thought, okay, wonton, that it is, Nick's lunch for this week.
To make the filling, I got pork mince, celery, coriander, spring onion, sheitaki mushroom, button mushroom, dried small shrimp, water convolvulus, finely chopped all of them, added a good pinch of salt, a bit soy sauce, an egg, then mixed all of them very well.
Wrapped a spoonful of filling in each wonton skin. And cooked them in the boiling water. Served them with a dash of chopped coriander on the top in the soup.


I reckon it's one of the comfort dishes I've ever made. Maybe it's because it was served with soup. Soup makes everything better. But the memory behind makes it more memorable. Mom, dad, grandma...
I think I finally understand why those contestants cried when they presented their dishes with childhood memories.
Hate being so far away from my mom and dad. I miss them a lot...

No comments:

Post a Comment