Sunday, October 23, 2011

Birthday!

Birthday breakfast in bed! Life can't be better. Thanks to my best friend and my life partner Nick Luya for bringing so much happiness to my life and making me a better person!
The exciting ferry ride! I was almost blown away by the wind! But so much fun!
We had a long walk along the water in Teneriffe. I am just simply amazed by the beauty of Brisbane.

Omg! That was another year gone past. I am still trying to remember the birthday I had last year. The whole year was just a bit of blur. Yeh, so many things happened within the past 12 months. We moved out of our first apartment "shit box / oven" on Annandale St, moved into the beautiful terrance on Ferris St; I finally took Nick to Shanghai and met my dad, I got a job with Avanade, We got engaged, the next thing I know, we moved here! I still remember the first day after I moved up. Nick had to stay behind for another couple days to wrap up his work there. Luke picked me up from the airport. We dropped Flo in the empty house and went to IKEA, bought a queen bed and mattress. He dropped me off at the shop down the road. I managed to carry 6 bags of junk food / cleaning products/ shampoo/ dog food etc home all by myself. It was like the longest walk ever (although it turned out it was only 3 blocks walk, the bags were just extremely heavy). I put up the bed by myself after it was delivered in the afternoon. Had some chips for dinner. Hot water system was broken in the rental house. I had cold shower. Called Nick, cried to sleep with Flo in this empty house. I hated it so much on that day. I kept telling myself it was such a stupid idea of moving up here. I screamed at Nick multiple times blaming on him for suggesting moving up here (although I was actually the one made the decision that we are moving up here). It was just such a horrible day. Not having Nick being next to me scares me so much. Thank God the next day everything got better. The plumber came to fix the hot water system at 6am. I started my first day at Avanade at 9am. I got home with some fish&chips, shared it with Flo and had a nice warm shower. I still had to leave all the lights in the house on because I was too scared to sleep alone. I was terribly missing Nick and the cats. Everything just got better and better since we moved up.  We both love the new jobs we got here. We bought our second dog Milly. We bought a house. Everything has just turned out the way we always wanted. I never thought that I would never love a city as much as I love Sydney ( more precisely, just Annandale, the Ferris St. I hated Sydney with passion. But I loved the 6 months living on Ferris St at Annandale. It was just the best memory I had in Sydney.) Brisbane is just such a beautiful city with so many friendly people. Full of surprise. I can't be even happier. Anyway, another year ahead of me. Not sure what's gonna happen before my next birthday comes. I am just gonna wait and see.


No comments:

Post a Comment